ABSTRACT SUBMISSION IS CLOSED
Recommended browser is Google Chrome or Mozilla
Submission deadline: Extended to April 2, midnight, CET
Please note that abstract notifications will be sent in June.
Please follow the instructions listed on this website step-by-step:
- Abstracts submitted via fax will not be accepted.
- Submission of an abstract acknowledges your acceptance for the abstract to be published in the official meeting publications.
- Presenting authors of abstracts must be registered participants. Registration must be received by the Secretariat by the Early Registration Deadline: July 21, 2014 to ensure inclusion of the abstract in the meeting publications and in order to be scheduled for presentation.
- The content of the abstract should not have been previously published or presented at national or international meetings prior to 2014.
- Abstracts must be submitted and presented in clear English with correct grammar and spelling of a quality suitable for publication. If you need help, you are welcome to contact your Continental President of SIOP listed below, who will be able to assist you with the English of your abstract. For assistance, abstract must be sent at least one week prior the deadline. Please note that abstracts submitted with a low level of English will not be considered for presentation.
- Abstract text should be 300 words or less. The word count excludes the abstract title, author names and affiliations.
- Abstracts must be received by the announced deadline. Abstracts received after the deadline will not be considered.
- Abstracts stating "data will be discussed in the presentation" will NOT be accepted.
- Case reports and small institutional series of limited added scientific value are not encouraged. Prospective multicentric studies as well as presentation of large translational projects are considered as major quality criteria
The Scientific Committee will determine whether the abstract will be accepted and, if yes, will determine whether it will be selected as an oral presentation, a poster presentation, or a journal publication, with consideration given to the author's preference.
The presenting author is required to ensure that all co-authors are aware of the content of the abstract before submission to the Secretariat.
SIOP will publish all accepted abstracts online (open access) for a period of at least 5 years. The abstract published online will include the e-mail address of the presenting author. As a condition of submission, SIOP requires you to agree to such publication and to surrender any copyright over the abstract as submitted to SIOP.
Before you begin, please prepare the following information:
- Presenting author's contact details
• Email address
• Full postal address
• Daytime and evening phone number
- Author and co-authors' details
• Full first and family name(s).
• Authors' names must be in upper and lower case (John B Smith).
• Affiliation details: department, institution / hospital, city, state (if relevant), country
- Abstract title - Limited to 25 words in UPPER CASE
- Abstract text - Limited to 300 words, including acknowledgements.
We recommend using word-processing software (for example, Word) for editing your abstract and counting the number of words.
- Abstracts must clearly state:
• Materials and Methods
- Note: Each of the above sections must be a single paragraph. No bullets or numbering should be used.
- Abbreviations must be consistent with instructions to authors of Pediatric Blood & Cancer and be defined on 1st usage, then use of abbreviation alone is OK, i.e. Wilms Tumor (WT), then referred to as "WT" in subsequent mention. Please use as few abbreviations as possible and only commonly used abbreviations.
- Use generic names of drugs. Express numbers as numerals.
- Abstract category – abstracts must be allocated to a specific category for the scientific program. You will need to select the category most suited to your abstract. To preview the categories, please click here.
- No tables or figures should be included.
- Numbers containing more than 3 digits should have a comma, i.e. 3,000.
- Decimal points must be displayed as periods (4.89) not commas (4,89).
- Disease names should be written without apostrophes, i.e. Hodgkin lymphoma, Non-Hodgkin lymphoma, Burkitt lymphoma, Ewing sarcoma
- Periods should be used in numbers for decimal points, not commas, i.e. P=0.015
- Draft abstracts – The submission form at the link below allows you to store your abstract as a draft in order to make changes. Please note that abstracts must be SUBMITTED before the deadline in order to be sent to review for inclusion in the scientific program.
Disclosure of financial relationships that the author(s) may have with the manufacturer/supplier of any commercial products or services related to the work, should be indicated in the appropriate box on the abstract form.
In order to obtain assistance wContinental President of North America
Continental President of Europe
Continental President of Latin America
Continental President of Africa
Continental President of Oceania
Continental President of Asia